Thursday, July 5, 2012

It's amazing how you never see something develop as it's happening, but when you look back, you see the definate change. Like when your baby grows, or when you gain weight, or the amount of time you spend on the Internet. Yep, that last one is my problem. God has been speaking to me about fixing it for a while now. My number one weekness? FACEBOOK. It's sad how something like a website can start out to be something so little, just something on the side, and end up taking over your life. just what the devil wants... He wants you to occupy your time doing ANYTHING except spending time with God. That is why I am going to delete my Facebook. I am not interested in doing anything Satans way. I beleive that if this is what God wants, then it is the best thing for me. It must have been about six months ago that I almost deleted it for the first time. But I have family that lives far away, and Facebook was the only way they could see my babies grow. Funny how we can think of all these excuses on why NOT to do something. If I take the time to read my bible instead of Facebook statuses, imagine how my relationship with God would grow! I want that so badly, but first I have to get rid of my distractions. It's funny how when God speaks to you, and you know it, but still ask the question.. Well, was that really God? It couldn't have been! But then He confirms it. See, I am all about privacy. I don't want everyone to know everything about me. Where I live, my phone number, how old I am etc.. I especially want to protect my children. Today, I was made aware of just how un safe Facebook is when it comes to your privacy. So, that is how God confirmed what I needed to do. I'm getting rid of it. Facebook will be out of my life soon. Just as soon as I gather my pictures and make sure I don't loose any memories. I am just so grateful that God thinks of me. Little ol' me. I am so vey blessed <3

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blog world! Sounds like you're doing the right thing. God just dealt with me the same way over drinking soda... and it took me quite a while to say yes! I suggest putting the follow me gadget on your blog so we can follow you.
    Casey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fpr the support Casey! Also, thanks for telling me that the following thing was called a "gadget". I was wondering about that :)

      Delete